At our first meeting of 2018, we welcomed our newest Board Member Lin Kay Hunter to the start of her three-year term and elected Al de Marco to a three-year term. There is one other Board application pending.
We also elected officers for 2018:
- Chair, Sylvia Chappell
- Vice Chair, Lin Hunter
- Secretary, Kev O’Kane
- Treasurer, Betty DiCandia
- Board Member Lynne Miceli continues as Chair of our Abundance-Raising and Membership Committees.
New Treasurer Sought
Betty DiCandia continues to serve as Treasurer until we find a new Board Member who will take on that position. Knowledge of accounting, particularly for non-profits, is essential. It is helpful if the Treasurer can be more personally involved in Center activities. Betty remains on the Board through 2018 and will help us find and bring the new Treasurer up to speed. We are also fortunate to have on staff an excellent Bookkeeper Kristan Roehrs to handle day-to-day finances, essential support for our Treasurer.
Welcome new Board Members
- Lin Hunter is the instructor of our Center’s first Psychic Skills Certification Program which she developed and began teaching in April, 2017. This outstanding year long program is nearing completion in March to extremely positive reviews from all of her students. This Spring, she begins the second Psychic Skills program She is the founder and director of The School for Psychic Studies in Springfield, Mass., where she combines her background as an award-winning corporate trainer with her life-long interest in the supernatural to create and teach comprehensive classes on a variety of spiritual and metaphysical topics. We are so grateful that she brings her expertise running all aspects of a school to our Board and look forward to her creative ideas for abundance-raising and community-building events.
- Al de Marco already serves our Center community as a hands-on volunteer with Front Desk Operations and organizing Psychic Fairs. He also brings career expertise in computers to our organization and is developing a manual for other Operations volunteers. His interest in the Cayce information led him to explore past lives and holistic medicine, then to becoming a past-life regressionist, energy and crystal healer. He and his wife Lori Valente, also a Center volunteer, have organized and successfully completed fund-raising events for developmentally disabled children.
Thanks for departing Board Members
- Maureen St. Germain, internationally admired author and teacher who served on our Board since 2014, completed her first term at the end of 2017 and chose not to seek a second. We give heartfelt thanks to Maureen for her many generous contributions during these years and for her dedication to bringing the level of our Board’s work into alignment with our ideals and principles. She also donated valuable expertise and workshops to our abundance-raising efforts. She continues to offer workshops at our Center, and our Book & Gift Shop offers her books, CDs and DVDs.
- Sydney Francis served on our Board for six months of her term, resigning at the end of 2017. We thank her for her contributions during that time and wish her success in all of her endeavors.